Monday, September 5, 2011

Love That White Powder


No, that was 30 years ago. But the magnetism, the ability to damage my health, the ability to derail my life, and the loss of integrity and self-respect is the same.

This...


Sugar. I love it. I hate it. I hate to love it. And sometimes, it owns me.

It boggles my mind how I can be perfectly satisfied with a good, filling, healthy meal...and 5 minutes later start considering a visit to the candy machine at work. Maybe I'll have an apple or grapefruit instead. I love grapefruit. And then five minutes later...M&Ms? A Twix bar? Maybe a 4-pack of chocolate Zingers??

Hi, my name is Scott and I'm a sugar-addict. I let sugar control my life. I have even let it affect my health, my relationships, and my job.

My job is where the cravings hit most often. Which is a good indicator that it has nothing to do with hunger. It's the false sense of contentment, euphoria, and pleasure that comes with a mouthful of sugar. And it evaporates the second I'm back at my desk with phone ringing.

I need to work on this...and I know I can't do it alone. Help!

No comments:

Post a Comment